Ribeye Steak with Pecan & Ginger Butter
Yields 4 portions, recipes developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
4 boneless Ribeye Steaks
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon white pepper
Pecan & Ginger Butter
1 stick of non-salted butter, softened to room temp
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon Cholula Hot Sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Place the rub ingredients in a plastic container with an airtight lid and mix.
2. Coat steaks on both sides with rub. Place on a clean platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum 3 hours.
3. In a plastic bowl, combine the ingredients for the Pecan & Ginger Butter.
4. Place the mixed butter in the middle of a foot long piece of plastic wrap. Form the butter into a tube shape. Wrap the butter in the plastic wrap; twist the ends to seal and place into the refrigerator overnight.
5. Preheat BBQ grill to medium-high heat, then rub grill grates with salad oil. Place steaks on the grill and grill to desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to confirm temperature.
6. 10 minutes before the steaks are done cooking, remove the butter from refrigeration to temper on the counter. Slice the butter in 8 equal slices. Remove steaks from the grill and place 2 slices of Pecan & Ginger Butter on top of each steak and serve. Enjoy with your favorite side items and beverage.